We are committed to observing and maintaining high standards of corporate governance and sound corporate practices to promote accountability, transparency and shareholders’ value.
- Banyan Tree Group marked Earth Day 2020 with the launch of Rooted in Sustainability - its 25th Anniversary commemorative book traversing the emotional architecture underpinning the Group’s 25-year sustainability journey.
- The Group launched the first-ever Banyan Tree Global Foundation Greater Good Grants in support of stakeholders beyond its operating communities for societal betterment, amidst COVID.
- Banyan Tree Group celebrated its 25th Anniversary, Banyan Tree Marine Lab Maldives’ 15th Anniversary, and Banyan Tree Global Foundation’s 10th Anniversary.
- The second Banyan Tree’s Got Talent! groupwide contest was organised.
- 25th Laguna Phuket Triathlon — Asia’s longest-standing triathlon event.
- Six hotels opened – Banyan Tree Anji, China, Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Angsana Phoenix Bay Zhuhai, China, Angsana Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba, the second Dhawa hotel – Dhawa Jinshanling, China and Pavilion Hotel Managed by Banyan Tree.
- Banyan Tree Group formed a joint venture with China Vanke Co. Ltd. focusing on active ageing and wellness hospitality projects.
- Re-launch of Banyan Tree Essentials with natural, responsibly sourced body and aromatherapy products.
- Sustainability alignment with UN Sustainable Development Goals and stakeholder-inclusive materiality framework.
- Mandai Park Holdings appointed Banyan Tree Holdings as the operator of an eco-friendly resort to be located within the new integrated nature and wildlife destination at Mandai. This partnership marks the debut of Banyan Tree’s first resort in Singapore.
- Banyan Tree Holdings entered a strategic long-term partnership with AccorHotels to develop and manage Banyan Tree-branded hotels around the world.
- MATTER Prints, a textile-based artisan brand, entered Banyan Tree Gallery.
- The Group’s first Dhawa hotel opened in Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba in December 2016.
- The first Cassia hotel – Cassia Phuket opened in Phuket, Thailand.
- Banyan Tree Spa entered the TTG Hall of Fame as Best Spa Operator.
- The Group launched its fourth brand, Dhawa, aimed at meeting contemporary travellers’ demand for affordable and design-inspired full-service hotels.
- Banyan Tree Gallery won the Community Retailer Award.
- Banyan Tree Huangshan, China opened.
- The Group launches its third brand, Cassia, to tap into the growing demand for lifestyle extended stay hotel residences.
- Banyan Tree increased the size of the Multicurrency Medium Term Note programme to S$700 million.
- Banyan Tree Group celebrated its 20th anniversary.
- The first Banyan Tree’s Got Talent! groupwide contest was organised.
- Banyan Tree Yangshuo, China and Angsana Xi’an Lintong, China opened.
- Laguna Lăng Cô - the Group’s first project in Vietnam and third destination integrated resort in Asia was launched.
- Laguna Lăng Cô Golf Club opened.
- Three resorts opened in China – Banyan Tree Tianjin Riverside, China, Banyan Tree Chongqing Beibei, China and Angsana Tengchong • Hot Spring Village, China.
- The Group sold Angsana Velavaru, Maldives for US$71 million (S$86.8 million) and leases it back for 10 years.
- In-house GPS Development Services entered alliance with EC3 Global for integrated sustainable development services.
- The Group acquired the remaining 70% stake in Banyan Tree Seychelles and 77.5 hectares of adjoining undeveloped freehold land for US$25 million (S$31.6 million).
- Three resorts opened – Banyan Tree Shanghai On The Bund, China, Banyan Tree Lăng Cô, Central Vietnam and Angsana Lăng Cô, Central Vietnam.
- Banyan Tree won the Leadership Award in T+L Global Vision Awards.
- The first Banyan Tree Spa in Singapore – Banyan Tree Spa Marina Bay Sands opened.
- Banyan Tree Macau, China, Angsana Hangzhou, China and Angsana Balaclava Mauritius opened.
- Sheraton Grande Laguna Phuket was rebranded as Angsana Laguna Phuket.
- LRH sold Laguna Beach Resort, Thailand for THB717.2 million (S$29.6 million).
- EarthCheck was selected as strategic partner for external sustainability certification.
- Banyan Tree China Hospitality Fund achieved a total capital commitment of RMB1 billion.
- LRH sold Dusit Laguna Phuket hotel in Thailand for THB2.6 billion (S$112.3 million).
- Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués, Mexico, Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul, Korea, Banyan Tree Samui, Thailand and Angsana Fuxian Lake, China opened.
- Establishment of Banyan Tree Global Foundation, the Group’s non-profit arm and an integral part of Banyan Tree Holdings’ management framework.
- Banyan Tree Indochina Hospitality Fund achieved a total capital commitment of US$283 million at final closing.
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Mexico, Banyan Tree Hangzhou, China and Banyan Tree Ungasan, Bali, Indonesia opened.
- Banyan Tree Management Academy was launched, marking a turning point and significant milestone in the Group’s commitment to internal talent development.
- The Group launched the Banyan Tree Indochina Hospitality Fund, a real estate development fund primarily focusing on the hospitality sector in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
- Banyan Tree Sanya, China opened.
- Launch of Bintan Conservation Lab in Indonesia.
- The Group fully subscribed to LRH rights issue and shareholding in LRH increase from 51.78% to 65.75%. It established the S$400-million Multicurrency Medium Term Note programme.
- Two resorts opened – Banyan Tree Madivaru, Maldives and Angsana Riads Collection Morocco.
- On 14 June 2006, Banyan Tree Holdings Limited made its debut on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
- The Group launched Banyan Tree Residences — offering signature villas, townhouses and apartments in Banyan Tree resorts.
- The Group launched Banyan Tree Private Collection — Asia’s first asset-backed destination club offering perpetual and transferable membership.
- First Sustainability Report published by Banyan Tree, ahead of its time in corporate reporting and transparency.
- Inaugural Laguna Phuket International Marathon.
- Banyan Tree Lijiang, China and Angsana Velavaru, Maldives opened.
- Banyan Tree Ringha was opened in Yunnan, marking the Group’s first foray into China.
- Phuket Tsunami Recovery Fund established.
- Banyan Tree Group became a founding member of UN Global Compact Network Singapore.
- Maison Souvannaphoum Hotel, Laos opened.
- The Group acquired Thai Wah Plaza, which houses Banyan Tree Bangkok in Thailand.
The first resort-based facility in the Maldives, Banyan Tree Maldives Marine Lab, was established.
Banyan Tree Seychelles was launched, and the Westin Banyan Tree was rebranded as Banyan Tree Bangkok.
- The Green Imperative Fund was launched to formalise the Group’s corporate social responsibility efforts.
- The Banyan Tree Spa Academy was founded. First-of-its-kind in Asia, the Academy was set up for training and research and development to elevate therapists’ skills and the spa industry as a whole.
- Angsana Ihuru, Maldives and Angsana Bangalore, India opened.
Angsana brand was launched with the opening of Angsana Bintan in Indonesia and Angsana Great Barrier Reef, Australia.
- Banyan Tree Gallery was established.
- The Group launched Laguna Bintan, our first project in Indonesia and second destination integrated resort in Asia.
Two resorts were opened – Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, Maldives and Banyan Tree Bintan, Indonesia.
- Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts was launched with the holistic ethos:“Embracing the Environment, Empowering People”.
- The Group’s flagship luxury resort – Banyan Tree Phuket – was opened in Thailand’s Laguna Phuket, Asia’s first destination integrated resort. The resort included the first Banyan Tree Spa.
- Launch of Laguna Phuket Foundation for Education.
- Inaugural Laguna Phuket Triathlon.
- Laguna Phuket Golf Club was opened.
- A pioneer in education and community engagement, the Group established the Laguna Childcare Centre.
- Spearheading sustainability advocacy, Laguna Phuket won American Express and International Hotel Association Environmental Award for remediating a toxic site.
Architrave, the Group’s in-house architecture and design arm, was established in Thailand and Singapore.
With extensive site rehabilitation completed, Laguna Phuket, Asia’s first destination integrated resort was opened.
Laguna Resorts and Hotels (LRH), a Banyan Tree Holdings Limited subsidiary, acquired over 550 acres of abandoned tin mine land at Bang Tao Bay, Phuket, Thailand.